Saturday, May 17, 2014

Scrap FX Fan sketch/mood board challenge

Good morning!!   A little bit cooler this morning in my neck of the woods, but now that the clouds have gone it is turning into a splendid day.

I found the fan sketch/mood board challenge on the Scrap FX blog and fell in love with it.  I had to give it a go.

First here is the sketch and the mood board…





How beautiful is that mood board?!  I was totally inspired by the teals (one of my most favourite colours) and pinks and also the essence of love.  The gold also grabbed me, but didn't end up featuring on my finished layout.  

So, I guess I should show you my layout…



These colours are actually deeper than the layout…still having trouble somewhere between the photo in my photo library and the uploaded photo on the blog!

(this photo is probably the closest to the real colours)








I used my Silhouette Cameo for the first time on this layout.  Once I get my head around it all, I can see it getting a great workout.  It certainly has lots of potential!  I actually cut out the saying on white card stock then coloured it, ombre style with my pink spritz mixed with gesso.  I am really happy with how it turned out - I haven't tried to do that before.  

The chipboard was painted with gesso and while it was still wet I sprinkled a little embossing powder over the flowers and heat set it.  (I wanted a random coverage).  I also heat embossed the arrow.



Products used:
Heidi Swapp paper
Scrap FX chipboard
Gesso
Dimensional Magic
Spray mists
Embossing powders
Vivaldi crystal blossoms
Prima & Kaisercraft flowers
ZVA Creative pearl flourish
Prima resins
Tim Holtz Arrow
Glass butterfly beads
Silhouette Cameo



Thanks so much for stopping by.  
Until next time,
Yvette x

No comments:

Post a Comment