Saturday, May 31, 2014

3 layouts just because

Hi!
I got my hands on the Authentique "Suave" collection kit yesterday & have done 3 quick & easy layouts last night and today.  I love this masculine collection - perfect for boy pages!

Here is the first layout I did:


Photos of my little man 10 years ago!!  He had his face painted when we went to some markets, but we can't remember what he was.  I thought he was a crocodile, but when I asked him, he thought he was a dinosaur.  Dinosaur sounds very plausible considering his major love affair with the extinct reptiles!

My second layout is also a very basic one:


Jefferson bear is essentially a reward for "student of the week" at my son's primary school.  As you can imagine, he has done the rounds & been loved by lots of kids.  The kids take care of Jefferson for one week, until he is awarded to the next student of the week.  The week Mitchell was awarded Jefferson, he shared the bear with his mate.  Both Mitchell and his mate received the award in recognition of their hard work and effort in overcoming daily challenges they both faced.  It was a pretty special reward that came at just the right time in the midst of a particularly challenging time in Mitchell's life.

My third layout features my husband:







I love this photo of my husband - taken many years ago!  Again, another simple clean layout.  I had some fun with the chipboard - I painted it with gesso, then smothered it with DecoArt dimensional effects.  Once this was dry and I had some awesome texture (which you can't really see in the photos), I spritzed it, then dabbed on some Viva Inka Gold.  I love the effect it gave me.  I treated the title the same way, minus the dimensional effects and covered it in dimensional magic instead.

I'm pretty happy with these 3 layouts that came together quickly.

Thanks for stopping by.
Until next time,
Yvette x

No comments:

Post a Comment