Saturday, May 3, 2014

Scrap the Boys May challenge

Good morning!

I have to admit that I've never actually scrapped a page of my husband by himself!  Don't get me wrong, he features in my pages, with the kids or myself or in family photo pages, but never a page of him by himself.  So, with this months Scrap the Boys challenge:  Let’s get ‘GRUNGY/MESSY’ for May, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to scrap him.  I used a photo taken many years ago of the workbench he made himself using recycled timber from renovations we did in our first house. It would have been in the late 1990's. He was rightly proud of himself and I love this photo I had taken of him.

Here is my layout:



 I painted a sheet of Kraft with Distress Paint (picket fence) and let it dry, not really knowing what effect I would end up with.  But I have to say I was very impressed with the end result!  It gave me exactly the crackle effect I was hoping for, which I then used as the base for my layout.












Products used:
Chipboard
Kraft
Paper:  Echo Park Reflections Botanical
Distress Paint:  Picket Fence
Mists:  Lindy's Stamp gang in Mission Bells Brown, Midnight Rendezvous Raven & Dark Choc Truffle
as well as Tattered Angels in Tattered Leather
Embossing Powders:  Copper, Gold, Black, Silver
Chipboard:  A2Z Scraplets, Memory Maze, Kaisercraft & Dusty Attic
Prima Nuts & Bolts
Tim Holtz Gears

I really hope you like my page and thanks for looking!
Until next time,
Yvette x

5 comments:

  1. Yvette, im loving that cog cluster, fab layout - Thanks for playing along on Scrap the Boys xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your crackled background and the cogs are perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rikki! Pretty stoked with how the crackled background turned out.

      Delete
  3. All that metal work looks fantastic layered up. Great job.

    ReplyDelete